Dear Ms Davies
Following Ms Tyzack’s conversation with you, this is to complain on behalf of Mr Maurice Kirk BVSc who is being unlawfully imprisoned in HMP Cardiff (no A 7306 AT).
He has not been given a statement with his charges or release date, ever since he was arrested on 21st September 2011.
Furthermore, his prescribed medication has been denied, and his bleeding ulcers that need an endoscopy have not been treated. Currently, he is bedridden again and requires a wheelchair as he cannot walk any more.
His cell is freezing as a window does not close and has no electricity.
The chaplains deny any bad treatment.
Besides his inhuman treatment, legal procedures are not followed at all:
- he is being denied the resources necessary to prepare any defence: basic stationery, money for stamps and phone calls
- when court hearings are to take place, he is notified only at the last minute
- on one occasion, no judge turned up after he waited for 10 minutes
- supporters are being told that he refused to attend court
- whether and when incoming our outgoing mail arrives is completely uncertain
- outgoing mail has even been bundled up and sent to one of our addresses.
His history is one of being bullied and harassed by police who deny and cover up their wrong-doings, having won only 12 court cases, while he has won over 130.
A former prison officer (1985-2000) writes that even the IRA prisoners were treated better as political prisoners. He knows, for he was there.
Many of his supporters would be grateful if you were to look into his and our complaints.
With many thanks in advance,
Sabine K McNeill