The above title appears as a comment on Maurice’s site.
However, for me as a relative newcomer to white collar crimes, it is rather shocking to see these two books about South Wales Police and the CPS:
- FITTED IN: The Cardiff 3 and the Lynette White Inquiry
- and The Cardiff Five: Innocent Beyond Any Doubt.
Some samples for what Maurice has to endure courtesy of South Wales Police added to the shock therapy of today:
- a Complaint Form
I have been in custody for 7 days and denied stamps / phone calls more ??? total of £3 / writing materials envelopes / access to library / law books etc. etc.
A dozen or so applications last week only got me 10 private legal tel numbers and one for a lawyer not part of my several ongoing court cases.
I have £300 approx. in private funds. I am unconvicted and need immediate access to phone credit as 40p remains.
- In the accompanying letter he writes
Still refused photocopying, recorded delivery posting, legal papers in my cell, go on education wing (dustbin full of discarded paper, pens, paper clips from tags and other vital stuff for court process).
- a Report that he had been ‘fighting’ with two young men who had stolen his tobacco
No spare tobacco now to bribe those in long phone queues with my average screws now on one phone call a day!
Have gone 5 days at a time no phone or out of order.
My complaint re time delay on each prisoner not hogging it has been, at least, introduced by Justice Ministry.
Maurice now suffers from a shoulder injury and I wonder:
- what is going to give when?
- when are Courts, Police and Prisons going to remember that they are part of the human race?
- who is going to begin to think “enough is enough”???
- Fresh concerns over Lynette case (bbc.co.uk)
- Wales News: Lynette White: author claims there should be a new trial (walesonline.co.uk)
- How a Cardiff murder led to a 20-year police scandal (thebureauinvestigates.com)
- Exposing Paedophilia and Police Corruption (victims-unite.net)