Theoretically, the right to a fair trial is guaranteed in the UK thanks to the 1998 Human Rights Act. Why does it not happen in practice???
In practice, many victims I’ve had contact with feel that their only hope is the EU; that is
- either the European Court for Human Rights
- or the EU Commission for Justice – to which we submitted 5 representative cases, Maurice’s being one of them
- or the European Petitions Committee.
It is most embarrassing to learn that those victims who have ‘success’ on the European level report that they get harassed in the UK… See Norman Scarth and Raymond Fox.
It is even more embarrassing when Maurice Kirk‘s experiences lay it bare open that
- he can never have a fair trial (Article 6)
- nor is there an effective remedy (Article 13) for national authorities such as
- the NHS who withhold his medical records while their legal representatives ignore letters from Alun Cairns MP and Edwina Hart Am
- HM Court Services who don’t provide transcripts and logs and are generally not co-operative
- HM Prison who denied any knowledge of MAPPA categorisation
- or the HM Treasury Solicitor who doesn’t pay up the judgments in Maurice’s favour…
No wonder Maurice is frustrated with “HM Partnership“…
Pingback: From Unlawful Bankruptcy to Citizens Arrest: Videos on http://bit.ly/fQUkH9 « Victims Unite!